Certain conditions provided, exposure of intact biological cells to high external voltage in a water bath results in an irreversible perforation of the cell membrane.
This process leaves no thermal impact on the product and offers a wide range of industrial applications.
- Higher yield in the fruit and vegetable juice extraction, improved juice quality
- Increased efficiency, higher yield and optimized products in the areas of extraction, leaching and washing out of vegetable raw materials
- Pasteurization of vegetable or fruit juices and beer
- Harvesting of cell contents (hormones, enzymes) in biotechnological processes
- Sterilization of water and waste water
- Reduction of biofouling in heat exchangers